Iraq News - Local News - Baghdadpost

ISIS claims responsibility for London Bridge attack

5ce8c58b-c0a5-4b60-a538-51e0e432b055_16x9_788x442
The ISIS extremist group has claimed responsibility for London Bridge attack which was carried by one of its fighters on Friday, the group’s AMAQ news agency said on Saturday.
On Friday, British police named the man who stabbed two people to death in Londony in what the authorities called a terrorist attack as 28-year-old Usman Khan, who had been previously convicted of terrorism offenses and released from prison last year.
“This individual was known to authorities, having been convicted in 2012 for terrorism offenses,” said Britain’s top counter-terrorism police officer Neil Basu in a statement.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said people convicted of terrorism offenses should not be allowed out of prison early after it was revealed the London Bridge attacker was released from jail last year before the end of his sentence.

Read
Comments