The Saudi ambassador to Germany has said all options were on the table in retaliation to attacks on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities over the weekend.
“Everything is on the table but you have to discuss that well,” Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al-Saud told Germany’s Deutschlandfunk radio on Thursday, when asked about the possibility of a military strike against Iran.
“We’re still working on where they were launched from but wherever they came from, Iran is certainly behind them as Iran built them and they could only be launched with Iranian help,” he said.
On Wednesday, Saudi Arabia showed remnants of what it described as Iranian drones and cruise missiles used in an attack on the Saudi oil facilities, saying they were “undeniable” evidence of Iranian aggression.
Yemen's Iran-backed Houthi rebels had earlier claimed responsibility for the attack.
However, both Washington and Riyadh have directly blamed Tehran for the attacks. But the latter denied involvement and warned it would retaliate against any attack, especially after U.S. President Donald Trump said a variety of options, including war, were available as a response.