Iraq News - Local News - Baghdadpost

Potential attacks on Americans in Middle East "put on hold": acting Pentagon chief

shanahan halbousi

Acting US Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan said on Tuesday that while the threat from Iran in the region remains high, the potential for attacks on Americans had been "put on hold."


"I think our steps were very prudent and we've put on hold the potential for attacks on Americans and that is what is extremely important," Shanahan told reporters at the Pentagon. He did not provide further details.


"I'd say we're in a period where the threat remains high and our job is to make sure that there is no miscalculation by the Iranians," Shanahan added.

Read
Comments