Last Monday, the US announced it designated
the Iranian Regime’s Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) as a Foreign Terrorist
This designation was a major blow to the theocratic regime by limiting its future actions, Elham Zanjani, from the Women’s Committee of the National Council of Resistance of Iran wrote in the NCRI Women Committee.
IRGC is the main apparatus of repression of the Iranian people, especially Iranian women, the primary driver of war and export of terrorism, and is responsible for pursuing nuclear weapons and missile projects.
Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, described the inclusion of the suppressive Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) in the State Department’s list of Foreign Terrorist Organizations (FTO) as a long-standing and righteous demand of the Iranian Resistance.
It is also imperative for Middle East security, peace, and stability, and an urgent and necessary step to end war and terrorism throughout the region and the world.
She pointed out what the perpetrators of the “moderation myth in Iran” refuse to acknowledge, “Policy of appeasement has provided so much financing and freedom of action to the mullahs and the Revolutionary Guards over the past decades.”
‘Words of support’ for tortured and incarcerated Iran protesters, religious and ethnic minorities, human rights and women’s rights defenders in Iran, and condolences to families of executed political prisoners were meaningless while the policy of appeasement was in effect. International deals made with the mullahs and their agents were made at the expense of the blood of the Iranian people.
Crimes by the mullahs and the IRGC against the Iranian people were largely unreported by mainstream media. Here are some examples of news we have reported on how the IRGCs actions have harmed the Iranian people, and even more greatly, Iranian women.
1. The IRGC has been an instrument against Iranian women activists, and Iranian women following a different faith and has led operations for arbitrary arrests, forced disappearances, torture, long imprisonment, and execution of political prisoners.
2. IRGC and their relatives have committed crimes with impunity and abused the rights of the Iranian people.
3. IRGC has pressured employers to dismiss relatives of political prisoners and Iranian religious minorities from their jobs.
4. A large percentage of College Admission Quota Allocated to IRGC–
an injustice to other Iranian Students.
5. IRGC heavily intervenes in Iranian people’s lives.
6. IRGC is an instrument by the Velayat-e-Faqihregime to suppress women.