Iraq News - Local News - Baghdadpost

Coalition refutes claims of killing 40 civilians in Eastern Syria

Bomb-12
The US-led coalition has refuted the media reports claiming that its Saturday's airstrikes in eastern Syria had killed over 40 civilians.

Talking to Sputnik, the coalition's spokesperson Col. Sean Ryan, however, confirmed that they had carried out air strikes in the Syrian province of Deir ez-Zor against ISIS militants. 

"We have confirmed Coalition strikes in the area of Deir ez-Zor province and no civilian casualties are associated with the strikes in question. The Coalition takes great measures to identify and strike appropriate ISIS targets in order to avoid non-combatant casualties," Ryan told Sputnik.

Earlier on Saturday evening, Syria’s official news agency SANA, citing local sources on condition of anonymity, said that US-led military warplanes targeted the village of al-Buqa'an on the outskirts of Hajin town on Saturday, resulting in the killing of 40 individuals.

The coalition's spokesperson further noted they had not used any weapons, which are prohibited by international law.
Read
Comments