President Tayyip Erdogan said on Sunday he was closely following the case of missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi after Turkish officials said they believed he had been killed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
Erdogan told reporters that authorities were examining camera footage and airport records as part of their investigation into the disappearance last week of opponent journalist Khashoggi.
Erdogan said he was personally following the issue, without saying what he believed had happened to Khashoggi.
"Entries and exits into the embassy, airport transits
On Tuesday he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to get documents for his forthcoming marriage. Saudi officials say he left shortly
A Saudi source at the consulate denied that Khashoggi had been killed at the mission and said in a statement that the accusations were baseless. The consulate has also denied that Khashoggi was abducted.
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman said allowed the Turkish authorities to search the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul for Khashoggi.
"The premises are sovereign territory, but we will allow them to enter and search and do whatever they want to do," Prince Mohammed told Bloomberg in an interview on Wednesday at a royal palace in Riyadh. "We have nothing to hide," he added.
Asked in the interview whether the journalist faces charges in Saudi Arabia, Prince Mohammed said it was first important to discover where Khashoggi was.
"If he's in Saudi Arabia, I would know that," he said.