Iraq News - Local News - Baghdadpost

ISIS claims responsibility for Paris attack

The area is full of bars, restaurants and theaters which were brimming on a weekend. (AFP)

The terrorist  group of ISIS claimed responsibility for a knife attack took place in Paris on Saturday, which left one person dead and four others wounded, BBC reported.

 

The attacker was then shot dead by police in the Opera district. Witnesses say they heard him shout "Allah Akbar.

 

Judicial sources told French media the attacker was a man born in 1997 in the southern Russian republic of Chechnya.

 

The sources said his parents had been held for questioning.

 

French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said the victim of the attack was a 29-year-old man, but gave no further details.

 

The attacker began stabbing passers-by at about 21:00 local time (19:00 GMT) on the rue Monsigny.

 

Eyewitnesses described him as a young man with brown hair and a beard, dressed in black tracksuit trousers.

 

The man tried to enter several bars and restaurants but was blocked by people inside. Police arrived at the scene within minutes.

 

They first tried to stop the assailant with a stun-gun before shooting him dead.

Last Modified: Sunday، 13 May 2018 10:14 AM
Read
Comments