Iraq News - Local News - Baghdadpost

All options on table after Syria chemical attack, White House says

This photo released by the Syrian Civil Defense White Helmets, which has been authenticated based on

White House homeland security adviser Tom Bossert said on Sunday that nothing should be taken "off the table” after reports of an apparent chemical attack in Syria, Politico reported on Sunday.

Bossert said President Donald Trump’s national security team had been reviewing photos and information throughout the night.

 

The incident Saturday in the Damascus suburb of Douma left at least 42 people dead, rescue workers reported, though Syria and Russia denied the use of any chemical weapons.

 

The reported attack comes almost exactly a year after another Syrian chemical attack prompted Trump to launch a missile strike on a Syrian air base.

Trump slammed Russian President Vladimir Putin and Iran for the "mindless chemical attack," adding that they will pay a "big price" for their actions.

 

Last Modified: Sunday، 08 April 2018 06:58 PM
Read
Comments