Iraq News - Local News - Baghdadpost

ISIS claims responsibility for Yemen suicide attacks

ISIS terrorists

ISIS claimed responsibility for a pair of suicide bombing attacks that hit Yemen's southern city of Aden on Saturday, the group's Amaq news agency reported, according to Reuters.

The agency said the two "martyrdom operations" targeted an anti-terrorism camp in Aden's Tawahi district. It gave no further details.

Dozens of people were killed or wounded in the two car bombings, witnesses and local medics said.

 

Officials at the city's main Jumhouriya hospital said the bodies of five victims, most of them soldiers, had arrived at the facility, along with a number of injured people including civilians, but gave no precise figures.

The force of the blast damaged civilian cars parked outside the camp and showered the street with debris. It was the first attack of its kind since gunbattles erupted between southern separatists and the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi last month over control of the city.

Residents described two large explosions in the area, where a cloud of grey smoke rose over the area, while ambulances raced to evacuate the wounded. Residents initially said one of the bombers targeted an office of the separatist Southern Transitional Council, but a member of the group said there was no attack on the building.

Read
Comments